It’s finally here! Nurses week, the week that’s all about you, the work you do and how we can thank you! In case you couldn’t tell, Triage is excited. So excited, we’ve planned a week of prizes and appreciation for you. To get in on the fun, head over to our Facebook page and follow us! We’re handing out prizes for your nursing school horror story, accepting nominations for your #nursecrush and giving you a chance to tell the world why you chose to be “an angel with wings”.
Visit us every day for a new challenge and a new prize.
Did you catch our freebies post yesterday? Apparently we’re not the only ones who appreciate the amazing work you do! And with good reason. Here are some things (you probably knew) to celebrate about Nurses this week!
- Nursing is growing fast in the United States. Nurses make up the majority of the healthcare industry, and that number’s going up, with 581,500 more nursing jobs by 2018. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- It comes in second place as one of the BEST jobs for 2015! (US News World and Report)
- Did you know? A day set aside for Nurse Recognition was first proposed in 1953 but didn’t come about in its formalized present day form until around 1982. Read the whole history of National Nurses Week here.
- Nurses save better for retirement than other working populations. Fidelity Investments reported that nurses have been saving for retirement at a greater rate than other employees, 12.6 percent compared to 10.5 percent. (NurseZone)
- Nurses are tech savvy. Despite hospital policies, 67 percent of hospitals report staff nurses are using personal Smartphones to support clinical communications and workflow. (Point of Care Communications for Nursing)
- 100% of nurses save lives for a living (Fact)